Are you like me, who’s a big fan of curly short hair but don’t know how to curl short hair with flat iron like a professional ? Well, few years back, I found it difficult to curl my short hair beautifully, and that was disheartening for me until I got a perfect solution to transform my curls. All thanks to the flat iron, which gave me the desired curl my short hair within no time.
In this article I have combined all the unique tips and tricks of curling short hair with flat iron from my personal experience so Stick with me till the end to know how to curl short hair with flat iron.
Four Golden Tips on how to Curl Short Hair with flat Iron
If you want to curl your short hair quickly and easily, you should try using a flat iron as it heats up fast and provide sleek result . But there are some ways to use flat iron so you can get a perfect blow out take a look at our magical tips before curling your short hair with a flat iron.
1. It’s important to prepare your curls first so start by applying a heat portectant spray or serum so you won’t end up damaging your strands.
2. Choose a good heat setting on your flat iron. You don’t want it to be too hot or cold because this will affect how quickly the flat iron can curl your hair.I usually set medium temperature range around 230 degree in my flat iron.
3. Hold the flat iron close to the hair when you curl it. This will help prevent strands from getting caught in the iron and damaged.
4. Let the curls cool down before you style them again. This will help them hold their shape longer.
The Best Way to Curl Short Hair with Flat Iron
Flat irons are one of the most popular tools for short curling hair. They work by heating the hair and using a clamping motion to curl it.
Explaining to you a simple and amazing method for using a flat iron to curl short hair with a natural look:
⦁ Washing your hair is the first step of styling. Never miss this part. Let your hair dry after washing.
⦁ Start with dry hair. Preferably, start with hair that has been straightened and styled in the way you want it to stay. This will ease the process of curling hair with a flat iron.
⦁ Make sure your hair is protected before hitting it with a flat iron. Use a heat protectant spray. It is necessary to ensure that your hair doesn’t get burnt.
⦁ Use any good curl hold spray to lock your style.
⦁ Once your hair is heated, start curling it by clamping down on the iron at the base of the strand and moving up towards the ends, but first, section your hair.
⦁ Start with sectioning your hair.
⦁ Section the bottom half of hair and roll up the top half in a bun or hold them up with a clip
Step by Step Guide to Curl Short Hair
a. Take the front-side section of your hair in flat iron. Starting from the root, rotate the flat iron away from the face and gently pull it up to the ends.
b. You can straighten the tips to give a more natural look.
c. Take the second section and repeat the curling method in an alternate direction this time, i.e., start by rotating the iron towards your face and pull it down.
d. Repeat the same procedure in an alternating manner with all the bottom sections of hair.
e. Unclip the top hair and section them now.
f. Repeat the alternating manner with these sections as well.
NOTE- After curling your hair, gently comb your hair to loosen your curls slightly. This will give you a natural beauty look.Use a hairspray at the end to make your curls last longer. Be patient! It may take a few tries to get the desired curls, but once you have them, you’ll be able to recreate them any time you want.
How to Curl Different Textured Hair with Flat Iron
After knowing the unique solution of how to curl short hair with a flat iron, here are a few simpler ways to curl your hair with a flat iron, but if you have thick or curly hair, you might want to try one of these three techniques.
1. For straight hair, start by spraying your hair with water and setting it in a bun or ponytail. Then use a flat iron on low heat to smooth the hair down. Repeat this process several times until you have the desired curl pattern.
2. For curlier hair, start by spraying your hair with water and setting it in a bun or ponytail. Then use a flat iron on medium-high heat to create waves in the hair. Repeat this process several times until you have the desired curl pattern.
3. For afro-textured hair, start by spraying your hair with water and setting it in a bun or ponytail. Then use a flat iron on high heat to create curls in the hair. Repeat this process several times until you have the desired curl pattern.
How to Bun Hair with Flat Iron
⦁ The easiest way to curl your hair with a flat iron is using a “bun.” To create a bun, follow these simple steps;
⦁ First, section your hair off at the nape of your neck and divide it into two sections.
⦁ Then take the right side of your hair and place it over the left side of your hair. Doing this will help you form a curl.
⦁ Next, hold the flat iron against the back of the curl and start curling from the root upwards.
⦁ Be sure to keep a light hand when curling, as too much heat will damage your hair.
⦁ Reaching the top of the curl, release the flat iron and twist or pull your hair around it to create a tight bun.
⦁ Repeat on the other side.
Now, you’ve learned all the tips on how to curl short hair with flat iron. Aah! No more “pre-function” worries! Now is the time to use a flat iron to style your hair with a flawless short hair look that you can flaunt!
Also see some best ways to straighten your strands here